Mark V. Fusco
2/2019 - Present
Beer & Wine Specialist - Central Market
- Assist customers in selecting beer and wine
- Provide beer and wine pairings for customers food purchases
- Manage the Fine Wine Wall looking for unique, premium, and highly rated wines
9/2018 - 12/2018
Food & Beverage Director - Plaza Club San Antonio
- Assisted in implementing new systems in place for FOH
- Responsible for monthly wine events for club members
- Created beverage cost controls for the club that are in use company-wide
- Updated inventory procedures to streamline process
3/2014 - 9/2018
Assistant Manager & Sommelier - Morton's The Steakhouse
- Increase in guest satisfaction scores after arrival to location
- Improved Wine sales and costs during tenure
- Manage FOH operations
- Developed 3 FOH staff into Hourly Supervisor positions (Captain)
- Created supplemental F&B training materials via beverage tasting, training packets, quizzes, and flashcards to be used during shift downtime
- Development of non-core wines to balance needs of local and convention-driven/tourist guests
1/2011 - 3/2014
Senior Service Manager – Saltgrass Steakhouse
- Assisted banquet coordinator with execution of private events at the Riverwalk location.
- Created a Wine Education class to train service staff on wine sales and service.
- Created a video on proper wine service in order to have consistent training.
- Being developed for a future AGM position in the company.
9/2009 - 1/2011
Bar Manager – TGI Friday’s
- Promoted to Bar Manager.
- Reduced COGS to meet or beat budget and increase sales to exceed budget.
- Sent to Shreveport, LA for a week to assist a short-staffed store. Turned down an offer to stay.
6/2008 - 6/2009
Operations Manager –Champps Americana
- Became acting GM of location.
- Developed hourly supervisor into management position.
- Stabilized LBW COGS to stay in budget.
- Worked closely with Beer and Alcohol reps to build brand sales.
- Responsible for unit sales of $3.5 million/year.
2/2005 - 5/2008
Arena/Retail Manager – ESPN Zone
- Developed 5 hourly staff members into Lead positions. Developed 2 hourly staff members into Supervisory positions.
- Turned around Arena and Retail operations to be one of top 3 in the company in sales, labor, and inspection scores.
- One of only 3 Retail Managers to be invited to inaugural Retail Conference at Walt Disney World in 2006.
- Managed several high profile buy out events and lead manager of major sporting events such as the Final Match of the 2006 World Cup (Italy vs. France), 2006 – 2008 March Madness, 2005 World Series (Chicago White Sox vs. Houston Astros).
- Became advisor to Arena/Retail managers for other ESPN Zone locations
- Directly responsible for $4.5 million/year in Arena/Retail sales and Unit sales of $12 million/year.
2/1995 - 2/2005
Senior Manager – Dave & Buster’s
- Directly managed every FOH department throughout career at D&B.
- Developed a total of 10 hourly staff members into Department Head positions in every department managed.
- Organized 4 International BattleTech tournaments in two different locations.
- Opened the Cincinnati location as Pit Boss.
- Began as an hourly Casino Dealer and promoted to management.
- Maintained consistent COGS and labor for both Winner’s Circle and Bar.
- Directly responsible for $2.5 million/year in Winner Circle sales and $3 million/year in Bar sales. Overall unit sales between all units $9-13 million/year.
- Became Senior manager responsible for overall operations of building and coaching of other managers.
9/1991 - 10/1996
District Sales Manager – Murdoch Magazines Distribution Inc.
- Promoted to District Sales Manager within first year of employment.
- Responsible for $9.6 million/year in Retail Single Copy sales.
- Tapped to work re-racking and surveying of chains in Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama
- Territory temporarily expanded from beyond East & Southeast Texas to include South Central Texas.
- Worked closely with Corporate Auditor to audit Houston wholesaler after discovering inconsistencies in reports.
- Successful implementation of part-time merchandiser program to build sales in key accounts.
8/1985 - 9/1991
Assistant Telemarketing Manager – Austin American-Statesman
- Began as Customer Service Rep handling incoming calls concerning service and billing.
- Promoted to Assistant Telemarketing Manager.
- Successfully maintained weekly sales goals during tenure as Asst. Telemarketing Manager
To provide a “Hospitality First” experience to my guests or clients while using my extensive customer service background, managerial skills, and Sommelier training in the restaurant or wine industry.
1985 - 1989
Degree: Bachelor of Arts
Minors:Astronomy & Latin
Skills & Achievments
- Manager with strong work ethic, excellent organization skills, adept at critical thinking, and excellent customer service skills used to build repeat business and guest recovery.
- Dedicated to fair treatment of staff and provide positive reinforcement as a motivator.
- Experienced in Internet video production and distribution.
- Experienced with various POS, MS Office, Windows, Mac OS X, Amiga OS, Final Cut Pro X.
- Experienced in Social Media outlets such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram.
- Certified Sommelier and Certified Specialist of Wine. Currently studying for the Advanced Sommelier Exam.
- TABC Certified.
- Member of the Guild of Sommeliers.
- Member of the Wine Scholar Guild
- Competed in Texas’ Best Sommelier Competition at TexSom.
- Volunteer at TexSom and TexSom International Wine Awards.
- President – San Antonio Sommelier Association.